As a welcoming Baptist Church near you in Kansas City, we invite you to come experience the God who loves you, wherever you are in your faith journey.
commonly asked questions
- 01. How do I get to Emmanuel Baptist Church?
- Emmanuel is located at the northwest corner of Metcalf and 103rd in Overland Park.
- 02. What should I do when I get there?
- If you’re an adult, or have youth-aged children, we recommend parking at the north side of the building. Stop by our welcome desk and our volunteers can help you find a Bible study, the Worship Center, or even help you get a cup of coffee from our Corner Cafe.
- 03. What if I have kids?
- If you’re visiting with small children we recommend parking at the south side of the building and stopping at our Children’s Welcome desk. There you can meet with volunteers who will help you check your children in and show you to their classrooms.
- 04. What should I wear?
- Our congregation is diverse. You might find someone in a suit and tie sitting next to someone in jeans and a polo. The Bible is more concerned with modesty and a humble inward approach to God than dictating a particular dress code. So dress in a way that is personally comfortable and helps you prepare to meet with God.
- 05. What is the service like?
- Our service structure is fairly informal. We worship God with songs led by a band and project lyrics on a screen. We never single out newcomers in the middle of a service. Several times, a church member leads us in a corporate prayer. We take an offering. Our pastor gives a Biblical message. We usually close with a song and prayer.
Schedule a Visit
We would love to prepare in advance for your visit to our church near you.
Let us know you’re coming!